Ather Energy recently moved from its manufacturing unit in Whitefield, Bengaluru to a brand new mega-factory in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. Founded in 2013, Ather Energy is backed by the founders of Flipkart, Hero Motocorp and Tiger Global. Here are a few highlights of the company and the facility where it began operations from 2nd January 2021.
1. Size – 123,000 sq. ft facility, built on Industry 4.0 principles.
2. Annual capacity – 110,000 scooters and 120,000 battery packs. The mega-factory will serve the demand for Ather scooters from across the country.
3. Investment of INR 635 crore planned over next 5 years.
4. There is zero effluent generated from the Ather Energy factory. All e-wastes are handled by
authorized recyclers and there is zero water discharge because of inhouse STP & treated
water circulation to flush & plantation.
5. Ather plans to hire and train more than 4000 employees in requisite skills in the EV sector over the next 5 years.
6. 90% of Ather Energy’s production is localised in India. Most of the supplier base for Ather Energy is in Tamil Nadu and the company makes its own battery packs.
7. Ather Energy has over 60 Indian and international patent applications, 109 trademarks and 118 Indian and International design registrations to its name.
8. Making vehicle ownership easy, the company also provides EMI options and lease options for its 450X. Another unique offering is easy resale. Ather Energy offers buyback options at an assured value after 3 years.
9. Ather Energy has confirmed deliveries and presence across 27 cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Calicut, Ahmedabad, Mysore, Hubli, Jaipur, Indore, Panaji, Bhubaneshwar, Nasik, Surat, Chandigarh, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Guwahati, Nagpur, Noida, Lucknow, and Siliguri) and is likely to expand to 40 cities by the end of 2021.
10. With 103 charging points across 12 Indian cities, Ather Grid is one of the largest fast-charging networks for electric vehicles in the country.
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.