Ultraviolette hosted its first Battery Day event on 18 October 2022, where it announced an IDC range of 300 km on a single charge on the top-end variant of the F77 electric motorcycle, which was first unveiled in the year 2019.
Ultraviolette says it has dedicated the last two years to accelerate the F77’s R&D, moving to a larger, integrated battery architecture and switching from an 18,650 to a 21,700 format, which resulted in significantly higher volume optimization.
The start-up said that F77 comes with a 2.5X higher battery capacity than existing EV 2Ws in India, the highest battery capacity of any EV 2W in India. More about Ultraviolette F77:
– F77 will come in 3 variants – Airstrike, Shadow and Laser.
– Frame stiffness is now 2X the stiffness of the previous generation.
– Complete battery architecture and BMS designed and developed in-house.
– Customers can pre-book the F77 starting October 23, 2022.
– F77 has received over 70,000 pre-launch booking interests from 190 countries, said the company.
This urban sports bike will have a phase-wise roll-out plan across the country, starting with Bengaluru, followed by other cities. Ultraviolette is subsequently looking at the F77 being launched across US and Europe.
Niraj Rajmohan, Co-Founder and CTO, Ultraviolette added, “We have invested equal amounts of time and energy into the R&D of the F77’s battery as much as into the development and design of the motorcycle. We have gone through five generations of battery development and 14 generations of BMS advancements as a result of our unflinching commitment to developing the most robust and reliable power architecture of any electric vehicle in the industry.”
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.