Karnataka sold a total of 95,916 electric vehicles in the Calendar Year 2022, of which –
- High-speed electric two-wheelers account for 91% of total sales
- Electric three-wheelers (passenger) account for 2% while cargo 3W vehicles account for 3% of total sales
- Electric four-wheelers account for 5% of total sales
Fuel-Wise Sales Trend in Karnataka, 2022
Two-Wheelers Sales in Karnataka CY 2022
- Karnataka sold a total of 86,918 electric two-wheelers in the year 2022.
- The state shows an increasing penetration of EVs in the 2W market from 5.92% of total 2W sales in Jan 2022 to 10.32% of total 2W sales in Dec 2022.
Three-Wheelers Passenger Sales in Karnataka CY 2022
- Karnataka’s 3W market in the passenger category is highly dominated by CNG, and the demand for electric vehicles in this category has reduced significantly from 10.38% of total vehicles sold in Jan 2022 to 4.39% of total vehicles sold in Dec 2022.
- The state recorded a total sales of 1,795 electric three-wheelers passenger category from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022.
Electric Three-Wheelers Cargo Sales in Karnataka CY 2022
- Diesel vehicles dominate the Cargo e-3Ws category in Karnataka, with Evs catching up. On average, around 31% of the total vehicles sold in the state were EVs in the year 2022 in the cargo three-wheeler category.
- EV Penetration in the category witnessed an increase from 30.89% in Jan 2022 to 35.39% in Dec 2022.
Electric Four-Wheelers Sales in Karnataka CY 2022
- Karnataka’s e-4W market is highly dominated by Petrol vehicles, and the penetration for electric vehicles in the PV category has seen a rise from 0.95% in Jan 2022 to 4.97% in Dec 2022.
- The total number of electric cars sold in Karnataka in the year 2022 was 4325.
Top EV Players in Karnataka
Source: Vahan Dashboard and EVreporter Research
Data excludes low-speed electric-2Ws—data as per 1348 out of 1434 RTOs across 34 out of 36 state/UTs.
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.