Escorts limited, one India’s leading engineering conglomerates became the the first company to receive the CMVR certificate (Central Motors vehicles rules,1989) for its Electric Tractor from Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Budni on Jan 18, 2021.
The company announced the same through a press release earlier in Jan 2021. This is what we know about the electric tractor so far:
1. Tractor name – Farmtrac (26E) AGRICULTURE TRACTOR
2. The concept was first showcased in 2017. This is India’s first commercially sold electric tractor that has been exported to US and Europe since 2019. Now, with CMVR certification, Escorts Agri Machinery arm is gearing up to launch the e-tractor in domestic market as well.
3. This e-Tractor is categorised in 21-30 HP category.
4. It is fitted with a 3-phase AC induction motor supplied by Kirloskar.
5. On full charge, the tractor runs for 5 to 8 hours depending on size of battery and application. Has a Lithium based battery. Rajiv Wahi, Chief Executive – International Business (Escorts Agri Machinery) shared over LinkedIn.
More launch details and the price for the Indian market is awaited from the company. Keep watching this space for updates!
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.