Ashok Leyland, the Indian flagship of the Hinduja Group and a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, commemorates its 75th year of operations.
On this occasion, Shri Nitin Gadkari, the Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, unveiled the Electric Light Commercial Vehicles from Switch Mobility – the IeV Series for last-mile transportation needs. The SWITCH IeV aims to present an attractive value proposition for MSMEs, cottage industries, and e-commerce in India with a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and a commitment to high uptime. The vehicles fall under 2~3.5T commercial vehicle category. The prices are yet to be revealed.
About SWITCH IeV Series (IeV 3 and IeV 4)
– 330 V High Voltage EV Architecture
– Electric power steering system
– Battery pack ranging from 25.6 to 32.2 kWh | Battery warranty – 5 yrs / 150,000 km
– Range of 120 kilometres per charge
– Vehicle warranty – 3 yrs / 150,000 km
– Cargo body extending up to 9.7 feet, capable of holding up to 340 cubic feet of containers
– Clutch-less operation
– Payload of up to 1.7 tons
Mr. Mahesh Babu, Chief Executive Officer, SWITCH Mobility Ltd., said, “The launch of our SWITCH IeV Series electric vehicles is a defining moment for SWITCH, having established a strong reputation in the e-bus market. With the SWITCH iON Standard at its core, a versatile range of options, diverse charging solutions, exceptional performance, and operational ease as its hallmark, the SWITCH IeV Series is a testament of our dedication to driving positive change in the industry”.
– Ashok Leyland also showcased the new 9-meter, Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Electric Bus developed for NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation). This is India’s first fuel cell bus that will commercially ply on country’s roads.
– The company also exhibited a Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Truck, which was earlier launched in collaboration with Reliance Industries.
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.