Status of Policy – Draft
Date of Release – Sep 2019
Vision of Gujarat Draft EV Policy 2019
To position Gujarat as a leader in the adoption of electric vehicles as well as establish a supportive environment to encourage manufacturers and investors for the development of the EV market.
State Nodal Agencies – Transport Department for demand incentives and Gujarat Energy Development Agency for charging stations
Objectives of Gujarat Draft EV Policy 2019
- Target of EV population in the state under policy period : 80,000 2W, 14,000 3Ws, 4,500 4Ws including commercial taxis and cargo, 1500 bus and other transport vehicles
- To transition the State’s transportation sector towards electric mobility in phases
- Make Gujarat a Manufacturing Hub for EV and ancillary equipment
- Encourage investment in electric mobility
- Municipal Corporations, to promote last-mile connectivity by providing reserved parking/ charging facility for EVs
- Charging points to be provided in Government office parking areas
- State is exploring the possibility of manufacturing EV and batteries as a specific manufacturing zone at Dholera smart city.
- State nodal agency Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA) has been independently running an EV subsidy scheme for students which has been very successful. A total of 4,000 students have already availed benefits under this scheme.
Announcements made by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani in September 2020 regarding e-mobility incentives in the state:
1. School (class IX and above) and college students to get Rs 12,000 government subsidy on electric two-wheelers.
2. Rickshaw drivers and self-employed persons to get Rs 48,000 govt subsidy on electric three-wheelers.
3. State government has set a target of 10,000 electric two-wheelers and 5,000 electric three-wheelers on the roads in the current fiscal year.
4. 10 public charging stations will be set up in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Rajkot. A sum of Rs 50 lakh has been earmarked for setting up these charging stations.
Link to Policy Document
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.