Electric tractor venture, AutoNxt Automation, has designed a smart electric tricycle called AzaadE for physically challenged individuals. The team says it has developed the product by collecting inputs from over 100+ differently-abled individuals. AutoNXt has already sold more than 1000 units to individuals, dealers, government bodies, and NGOs. The cash flow generated by this product also helped the company sustain itself during the pandemic. The price starts at INR 32,000.
Utility of the electric tri-cycle
“There are over 18 million Indians who are physically challenged, out of which 69% live in Rural areas. It has been noted that the specially-abled people in India have been utilizing three-wheeled vehicles which were hand cranked as it is cost-effective in comparison to other modes of transportation for short distances. The hand-cranked three-wheeled vehicles are difficult to operate as it takes a lot of strength to pedal, especially while climbing slopes which are very commonly found in rural areas. The alternate Electric or motorized Three-wheels vehicles were not feasible and sustainable for an average individual. AutoNxt team saw this as a very big problem that needed to be solved”, said a press release.
AutoNxt AzaadE features
– Maximum speed of 25 km per hour.
– Comes with a Lithium-ion battery compared to the lead acid battery in basic electric tricycles.
– Special models with features like a foldable table, Icebox, and a roof that makes the Electric Tricycle a mobile shop that can be set up anywhere.
– BMX-style handle, dual suspensions, front wheel disc brake & back wheel electric brake.
– Waterproof charger connectors, an ice box, high torque geared motor, and a reliable lightweight charger.
– LED Light and Horn, switch controlled reverse gear for ease of ride.
– There are 2-in-1 models also available which have both motor power as well as hand cranked facility.
“We are extremely proud to introduce India’s first smart electric tricycles. The sales of this unique innovation have accelerated and helped us with the cash flows during those times for our sustenance. Now, it has become an autonomous business that brings sustainable cash flows for the company with a business development manager and an assembly team that takes care of the end-to-end business of smart EV tricycles for the company. We wanted to contribute to our country positively with what was built, and the E-Tricycle helped our business not only survive but also thrive during those uncertain times of Covid-19. Now it truly feels like we got the blessings of all our differently-abled brothers and sisters who found our product life-changing,” said Kaustubh Dhonde, Founder & CEO of AutoNxt Automation.
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.