Ola Electric, an Indian electric vehicle company, unveiled its new product lineup during its annual Customer Day event at the Ola Future Factory in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu. The company introduced the ICE Killer S1X scooter range and the S1 Pro, both developed on the Gen-2 platform. Ola also showcased its motorcycle portfolio, featuring four models: Diamondhead, Adventure, Roadster, and Cruiser.
The S1 Pro, priced at INR 1,47,499, is built on the Gen-2 platform with significant engineering changes, resulting in a lighter weight, enhanced range, and higher top speed. The S1 X scooter range comes in three variants: S1 X+, S1 X (3kWh), and S1 X (2kWh), catering to different rider preferences. The company also introduced MoveOS4, Beta(a software) update available from 15th September with 20+ new features and enhancements for their vehicles.
Ola Electric announced the launch of 100 dedicated service centers across India to provide better customer support. The #EndICEAge event was attended by over 40,000 customers at the Future Factory and Experience Centers. The company is expanding its manufacturing capacity to 2 million units to meet growing demand and has been increasing its offline presence with numerous Experience Centers nationwide.
Bhavish Aggarwal, Founder and CEO, Ola Electric said “Over the last two years, Ola has strongly positioned itself as a frontrunner in India’s adoption towards EV in the 2W segment. I am proud of what we have achieved and am truly grateful for the trust and the love from the Ola community. We are working with speed and with a clear vision to support the country’s leadership in Electrification. By developing core technologies in-house, and through adopting economies of scale, localized supply chains and manufacturing engineering, we will ensure complete price parity between ICE and EV vehicles. The Gen 2 platform is a testament to this commitment. With the new range of scooters launched today including the S1 Pro, S1 X portfolio and our recently launched S1 Air, I firmly believe that customers will now have no reason to buy an ICE product.”
“I am also thrilled to announce the global debut of Ola’s electric motorcycles that will be launched towards the end of 2024. Designed and engineered in-house, these motorcycles represent Ola’s leap into the future of motorcycling,” he added.
Expansive scooter portfolio
The S1 Pro Gen 2
- Ola Electric’s flagship product, the S1 Pro, has undergone a major engineering overhaul and now runs on the all-new Gen-2 platform.
- Priced at INR 1,47,499, the scooter showcases several significant improvements:
- Redesigned battery pack, powertrain, electrical & electronic system.
- Reimagined frame and suspension, resulting in a weight reduction of 6 kgs.
- Equipped with a powerful mid-drive motor boasting 11kW peak power.
- Improved battery efficiency leading to an extended range of 195 km.
- Impressive top speed of 120 km/h, setting an industry benchmark.
- Rapid acceleration of 0-40 km/h in just 2.6 seconds.
- Like its counterparts, the S1 Air and S1X, the S1 Pro features:
- A flat floorboard for enhanced convenience.
- Twin-fork setup at the front for improved stability.
- Monoshock suspension at the rear to enhance ride quality.
- The Ola S1 Pro Gen-2 is now available for purchase through two methods:
- Customers can visit their nearest Ola Experience Centre.
- Booking can also be done via the Ola app.
- Deliveries of the S1 Pro Gen-2 are set to commence in mid-September, offering customers the opportunity to experience the revamped features and enhancements.
The S1 X – The ICE Killer
- The S1 X range of scooters is available in three different variants to cater to various rider preferences: S1 X+, S1 X (3kWh), and S1 X (2kWh).
- The S1 X+ variant features a new 5.0-inch LCD display, making it the flagship model in the lineup.
- The S1 X (3kWh) variant offers similar mechanical and performance features as the S1 X+ but at a more affordable price point, providing riders with a purposeful scooter option.
- The S1 X 2kWh variant breaks the barrier of EV scooters priced under INR 80,000, contributing to the push for transitioning away from internal combustion engine vehicles.
- Both the S1 X+ and S1 X (3kWh) variants are equipped with a powerful 6kW motor, a 3kWh battery for a range of 151 km, and a top speed of 90 km/h.
- The S1 X (2kWh) variant also boasts a powerful 6kW motor, but with a 2kWh battery, offering a range of 91 km and a top speed of 85 km/h.
- The introductory pricing and reservation details are as follows:
- S1 X+: Available for purchase at INR 99,999 until 21st August 2023, with deliveries starting in mid-September.
- S1 X (3kWh) and S1 X (2kWh): Pre-reservation open at INR 999 only. Introductory prices are INR 89,999 and INR 79,999 respectively until 21st August 2023. Deliveries for these variants begin in December.
- The S1 X range of scooters aims to provide a versatile set of options for riders with varying requirements, offering a mix of performance, affordability, and range.
- These offerings contribute to Ola’s efforts to promote electric mobility and reduce reliance on traditional internal combustion engine vehicles.
Future of Motorcycling
Ola Electric has unveiled a global premiere of its motorcycle lineup at a community day event. The portfolio includes four top-tier models: Diamondhead, Adventure, Roadster, and Cruiser, catering to popular categories. Ola plans to expand within each category, leveraging their R&D and cell manufacturing investments. Pre-reservations are open, with the bikes set to launch by late 2024.
The Diamondhead will be the company’s flagship motorcycle. Straight & powerful lines and bold design choices help the Diamondhead look as if it is always in motion. Simplicity, form, and function co-exist in the design. The Diamondhead’s minimalist design means that the rider is always focused on the pure riding experience. Even the main headlamp is located above the front bumper, hidden away, lending it a very stealthy, aerodynamic profile.
For the seekers of thrill and adrenaline, the Adventure is purposeful, strong, and sure-footed. Its tall, athletic, and upright stance brings an element of purity and clarity of its purpose and helps it look unique in a clutter of adventure bikes. The Adventure is all about conquering uncharted territory, being aware of the surroundings, and feeling one with the bike on the roads not taken.
Stepping away from the design language of a conventional motorcycle, the deconstructed look of the Roadster strictly demonstrates how the form is following function. Roadster also gets flowing elements around the charger cowling that makes it look playful, agile, authentic, and focused.
With a laidback stance and sensual lines, the Cruiser is built to enjoy the open road and the freedom it brings. It looks mature yet ominous with dollops of sophisticated body work. The floating upper body connects with the rear section of the bike in a powerful manner giving it a tense side profile.
The MoveOS 4 software
This update ushers in a fresh chapter, incorporating more than 100 enhancements and introducing over 20 new features that includes:
- Ola Maps
- Hill Descent
- Find my scooter
- Location push
- HC Routing
- Concert Mode
- Customizable motor sounds
- Theft/Tow/Fall detection
- Geo and time fencing
- Take-me-home lights
- Auto turn-off indicators
- Ride and Energy Stats
- Call Filter
- Biometric unlock
- Dark Mode
- Scooter locator
Starting from the 15th of September with a beta roll-out, all customers will gain access to these comfort, safety, and convenience features through an over-the-air (OTA) update, which will later be followed by a comprehensive roll-out.
At the event, Ola unveiled its inaugural 4680 cell, delivering a resolute message of its commitment to elevate India to a prominent stature as a global electric vehicle hub. Positioned adjacent to the FutureFactory in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu, Ola’s Gigafactory is well on its way to establishing itself as one of the planet’s largest cell manufacturing facilities, boasting a huge capacity of 100 GWh. With its operational commencement projected for early next year, the Ola Gigafactory will initiate operations with an initial capacity of 5 GWh.
In a bid to place customers’ requirements at the forefront and provide exceptional service, Ola has unveiled plans to establish 100 specialized Service Centers across the country. Complementing this initiative, Ola has organized a complimentary service camp today, extending its reach to its extensive network of over 500 service centers.
Having maintained a dominant position in the EV 2W segment for the previous year, Ola Electric is further augmenting its manufacturing capability to meet the surging demand by scaling up to 2 million units. In tandem, the company has undertaken an aggressive expansion of its offline footprint, boasting a substantial network of more than 1000 Experience Centers across the nation.
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.