Status of Policy – Final. Notified on Aug 7, 2020
To be valid for 3 years from the date of notification.
Delhi EV Policy 2020
The objective of the policy is to drive rapid adoption of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) such that they contribute to 25% of all new vehicle registrations by 2024.
Demand incentives are summarised below:
- Purchase incentive of ₹5,000 per kWh of battery capacity. Max incentive of INR 30,000 per vehicle.
- Eligibility: Advanced chemistry batteries, min top speed – 40 km/h, min acceleration – 0.65 m/s2, max electrical energy consumption not exceeding 7kWh/100km, min 3 years comprehensive manufacturer warranty including battery. FAME II pre-requisites of local manufacturing, and minimum range do not apply.
- Scrapping incentive of up to Rs 5000 to be offered subject to evidence of matching contribution from the dealer or OEM and confirmation of scrapping and de-registration of ICE vehicle.
- All two-wheelers engaged in last-mile deliveries will be expected to transition 50% of their fleet to electric by 31st March 2023, and 100% of their fleet by 31st March 2025.
- Ride hailing services allowed to use electric 2Ws.
Electric Autos (L5M)
- Open permit system for e-autos on first come first serve basis.
- Purchase Incentive of ₹30,000 per vehicle. Eligibility – Advanced battery models and swappable battery models where battery is not sold with the vehicle.
- Interest subvention of 5% on loans and/or hire purchase scheme for the purchase of an e-auto.
- Scrapping incentive of upto INR 7,500.
E-rickshaws and E-carts
- Purchase Incentive of ₹30,000 per vehicle (also applicable for lead acid battery vehicles as well as swappable models where battery is not sold along with vehicle)
- Additional Interest subvention of 5% on loans and/or hire purchase scheme for advanced battery vehicles.
Goods Carriers (L5N and N1)
- Advanced battery goods carriers to get a purchase incentive of INR 30,00 for first 10,000 vehicles.
- Interest subvention of 5% on loans and/or hire purchase scheme.
- E-Carriers will be completely exempt from the prohibition on plying and idle parking of lights goods vehicles on identified roads of NCT of Delhi during specified timings
Four Wheelers (E-CARS)
- Purchase incentive of ₹10,000 per kWh of battery capacity for first 1000 cars subject to a cap of Rs 1,50,000 per vehicle
- Scrapping incentive of upto INR 7,500.
- All leased/hired cars used for commute of GNCTD officers will be transitioned to electric within a period of 12 months from the date of notification of this policy
- Subsidy as decided by GNCTD from time to time with a commitment that pure electric buses shall constitute at least 50% of all new buses (including smaller buses for last-mile connectivity) to be added to the city bus fleet, starting with an induction of pure e-buses by 2020.
Road tax and registration fees to be waived for all Battery Electric Vehicles during the period of this policy.
All financial incentives will be applicable for both fixed battery models and swappable battery models. If battery is not sold with the vehicle, 50% of the purchase incentive will be vehicle owner and rest to Energy Operators for defraying the cost of any deposit that may be required from end users for the use of a swappable battery.
Green number plates for EVs registered in Delhi
PRIVATE CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE (At Homes/Workplaces)
- All new home and workplace parking will need to be ‘EV ready’ with 20% of all vehicle holding capacity/parking required to be EV ready
- Delhi government to provide a 100% subsidy for the purchase of charging equipment up to ₹6,000 per charging point for the first 30,000 charging points at homes/workplaces.
PUBLIC CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE
- Providing accessible public charging/battery swapping facilities within 3 km travel from anywhere in Delhi is a key objective.
- ‘Energy Operators’ (EOs) will be invited to set up charging and battery swapping stations across Delhi. Government shall provide a capital subsidy for the cost of chargers installation.
- 100% of net SGST will be provided as reimbursement to EOs for purchase of Advanced Batteries to be used at swapping stations.
Link to Policy Document
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.