The state has introduced the “Chhattisgarh State Electric Vehicle Policy-2022”. This policy shall be valid for a period of five years commencing from 01-04-2022 and extendable to 10 years based on the State Government’s discretion. All provisions of this Policy shall be applicable during the Operative Period unless mentioned otherwise. This policy is applicable only to EVs and the components that are integral to their manufacturing and operation (EV charging or BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) battery swapping infrastructure).
- Work toward ensuring a healthy environment for sustainable future for citizens of Chhattisgarh
- Plan, address, minimise the causes of rising concerns of rapidly increasing toxic gas emission from vehicles, etc. leading to deteriorating Air Quality Index
- To drive rapid adoption of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVS) so that they contribute to 15% of all new vehicle registrations by 2027 and bring about a material improvement in Chhattisgarh’s environment by bringing down emissions from the transport sector
- To accelerate the pace of EV adoption across vehicle segments, especially in the mass category of two wheelers, public/shared transport vehicles and goods carriers
- To make Chhattisgarh a manufacturing hub for electric vehicles and ancillary equipment; creating unbound employment opportunities for youth of the state
- To create a talent pool of engineers, designers, technicians and researchers to address the needs of the Industry towards a sustainable development
In order to achieve large scale adoption of Electric Vehicles in the State and to maximize reduction of vehicular pollution, the Policy focuses attention on incentivising the purchase and use of Electric Vehicles particularly in the segment of two wheelers, public/shared vehicles and goods carriers.
- The State Government shall provide capital subsidy which shall be fixed as a percentage of the EV’s base cost (excluding all taxes). To avail the purchase incentives, the e-vehicles shall have to fulfill the minimum performance & efficiency standards as per FAME India Phase-ll notified by Govt. of India.
- The State will support up to 10% of the cost of the vehicle (excluding tax) or Rs. 1.5 lacs whichever is lower, for Purchase of the electric vehicles, either under individual use or commercial use, for five years till 2026-27.
- Vehicles sold and registered as fully electric vehicle will be eligible for purchase incentives. For vehicles sold as hybrid electric vehicle will be eligible for 50% purchase incentive provided to fully electric vehicle.
Additional incentives for 2Ws/3Ws/4Ws –
- Government Departments/Offices, Public Sector Undertakings will give preference to hire EVs for Official use and the above purchase incentives will be applicable for the private Owners to purchase these vehicles.
- Municipal authorities will provide 50% subsidized parking for all personal EVs.
- Exemption of Registration fees on purchase of EVs for the operational period of this policy.
Additional incentives for Buses –
- 100% SGST on the sale of electric buses sold and registered in the State will be reimbursed during policy period.
- 100% exemption on registration fees for the first five years shall be made available.
- The bus operators who wish to scrap/ decommission their existing diesel-powered buses and replace them with electric buses shall be provided additional monetary aid over the existing rule, (Scrap & ULBs) if any through dedicated Transportation Fund.
Incentives for Goods/Other Vehicles –
- 100% SGST on the sale of electric goods carriages sold and registered in the State will be reimbursed for the policy period.
- 100% exemption on registration fees for the policy period will be made available.
Manufacturing related Incentives
- SGST reimbursement for manufacturing of EVs in the State during the policy period.
- All the incentives under the MSMED Act, 2006 will be extended to the manufacturers as applicable/ eligible under industrial Policy, Govt. of Chhattisgarh 2019-24 (as amended from time to time).
- The MSME EV Battery manufacturing Units will be facilitated with the following incentives as per MSME Policy, 2016:
- Govt. shall allocate 500-1000 acres of land for developing EV Parks with plug and play internal infrastructure, common facilities and necessary external infrastructure. This industrial park will attract manufacturers across the EV eco-system. An incubation center for handholding startups will also be planned in the EV Park.
- Developers of Auto Clusters and Automotive Suppliers Manufacturing Centers (ASMC) specific to EVs shall be provided financial assistance of 50% of fixed capital investments in building and common infrastructure, up to a maximum of INR 20 Crore.
Incentives for Proliferation of Charging Infrastructure
- Incentives provided through this section of the Policy shall be applicable to charging infrastructure a s well as battery swapping and charging stations.
- The State Government shall promote charging infrastructure of different capacities (Levels 1, 2 and 3) and promote a variety of business models as a part of the overall learning process. Private-owned, DisCom-owned and Investor-owned charging stations are encouraged through this Policy.
Link to the Policy Document
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.